Integra Gold Corp. has announced it will reveal five finalists for its $1 million Integra Gold Rush Challenge based on an initial review of the over 100 detailed submissions.
In total, 1,342 entrants from over 83 countries worldwide registered to compete in the challenge, resulting in 95 teams and over 100 proposals. WSP I Parsons Brinckerhoff ("WSP"), one of the world's leading engineering and geological consulting firms with more than 32,000 employees and official GeoScience partner of the Gold Rush Challenge, is currently in the process of selecting and delivering the top 20 submissions to the Challenge's technical judging panel.
According to Integra, on or before February 15th 2016, technical judges will narrow the field down to the top five finalists which will then go up against a separate panel of industry leaders in the "shark-tank" style live finale at PDAC 2016. IBM will host the mining innovation expo before the live event which will be open to all attendees.
"I have been in the mining industry for over 25 years, and the Gold Rush is the most exciting, rewarding, and transformational project I have worked on,” said George Salamis, Executive Chairman of Integra.
• Related: [VIDEO] Is crowdsourcing the next chapter in innovation?
"In some ways, I believe this Challenge could, and will, effect how resource companies look at exploration in the future. Being a geologist by training, I have had my eyes opened by the multi-disciplinary, collective approach to problem solving, mineral exploration, and data analysis brought to the forefront by this Challenge. We are excited for the next steps to come in the Gold Rush,” said Salamis.
The live event will be held at the Carlu during PDAC on March 6, 2016. Proceeds from the evening will go to a variety of Val-d'Or based charities. The panel of industry leaders for the live finale event at PDAC 2016 will use their experience, knowledge, and skills to help choose the winner of the Integra Gold Rush Challenge.
The panelists named to the "shark-tank" style live finale are:
• Brent Cook: BSc Geologist, Exploration Analyst and Author of Exploration Insights.
• Chantal Gosselin: B.Eng Mining Engineer, MBA, most recently held the position of Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Goodman Investment Counsel
• Rob McEwen: Honorary Doctor of Law, MBA, BA, Founder of Goldcorp Inc. and McEwen Mining, launched Goldcorp Challenge
• Sean Roosen: Chair of the Board of Directors & CEO, Osisko Gold Royalties
• Randy Smallwood: P. Eng. Geological Engineer, President & CEO, Silver Wheaton
The Challenge's technical judging panel is made up of the following members:
• Neil Adshead: PH.D Geologist, Investment Strategist at Sprott Asset Management LP
• Andrew Brown: MSc Geologist, Chief Geologist- West Africa for B2Gold Corp
• Benoît Dubé: PH.D Geologist, Senior Research Scientist with the Geological Survey of Canada
• James Franklin: PH.D Geologist, Geological Survey of Canada Chief Scientist (retired)
• David Rhys: MSc Geologist, Panterra Geoscience consulting geologist
• Brian Skanderberg: MSc Geologist, President and CEO of Claude Resources.
Computer science and machine learning advisor to the judges' panel:
• David Stephens: B.A. Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Director of Business Development at Goldcorp.
Stay connected! Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook
Check out the latest edition of Mining Global