Mining Global is pleased to announce that we are the partners for the fourth edition of the Senegalese Mining Conference & Exhibition.
Taking place on 8-10 November 2016 in Dakar, Senegal, the event looks set to be the largest mining event in West Africa this year.
The event is organised by the Ministry of Industry and Mines, Republic of Senegal, in partnership with AME Trade Ltd. There will over sixty exhibitors and three hundred participants.
It comes at a time where Senegal is seeing a rapidly developing mining industry with rising production of gold, phosphates, cement and heavy minerals (zicon and titanium).
SIM Senegal will most probably witness the unveiling of the guidelines for Senegal’s new mining code. Topics which will be discussed during the two-day conference will focus on: regional strategies for resource-based development, the mining sector & economic governance, utilising education & science to add value to the mining sector, young miners Panel: how to develop West Africa’s next generation of miners, the mining sector & local development and the mining sectors importance to the Emerging Senegal Plan.
Keynote speakers at SIM 2016 will comprise of:
• His Excellency Macky SALL, President, Republic of Senegal
• H.E. Mrs. Fatima Haram ACYL, Commissioner for Trade and Industry, African Union
• Ousmane CISSE, Director Mines & Geology, Senegal
• Dr. Morlaye BANGOURA, Commissioner for Energy and Mines, ECOWAS
• Stephane BRABANT, Partner, Co-Head of Global Mining Group, Co-Chairman of Africa Practice Group
• Jacob THAMAGE, Chief Mining Regulatory Officer, African Development Bank
• Lenka BARATOUX, Head of Research, IRD
• Daniel MARINI, General Director, GCO SA
• Prof. Boubacar BAIDARI, Director General, CESAG
• Mamadou MBAYE, Executive Director in charge of Energy & Mines, FONSIS
• Mohamed David MBAYE, Country Manager, Randgold Resources
• Yoston Montoya GARCIA, Phosphates, Analyst, CRU International Ltd
Participants of SIM Senegal will also be able to benefit from pre-event training conducted by West Africa’s most experienced mining lawyers, Maitre Mouhamed KEBE & Aboubacar FALL, Cabinet Geni & Kebe, who will lecture on “Legal Perspectives on Mining Contracts”. Dr Paul Jourdan, a major contributor to the AU “Africa Mining Vision” (2009) and Country Mining Vision (2014) will conduct a workshop on “Implications for the African Mining Vision in a Post Boom West Africa”
Delegates of SIM Senegal will be treated to a special Awards Gala Dinner hosted by Teranga Gold at the Terroubi Hotel on the 9th November. A technical mining site visit will take place on the 10th November to the Grand Cote mining project at Diogo where heavy mineral sands such as zircon, rutile, leucoxene and ilmenite are produced.
The September issue of Mining Global Magazine is live!
Get in touch with our editor Dale Benton at email@example.com