Introducing The Best Practices In IT And Communication For The Mining Industry
Mining continues to face challenges in regards to the industry's economic situation. The volatility of commodities has forced a reexamination of operations and work processes. An analysis of where the costs can be reduced or eliminated, while still remaining efficient,- if not improving upon it- can facilitate a strong decision for the future. IT management within the mining industry has additional burdens to ensure continuity within the organization and ensure all stakeholders' ever-hanging demands are always met.
• Introduce new GIS applications to improve operating procedures and reduce environmental impacts
• Implement innovative communications systems for underground mines
• Create transparency and establishing cybersecurity as a priority within the company
• Integrate IT (Information Technology) and OT (Operational Technology) to improve and maintain procedures
• Optimize Mobile Device Management (MDM) to improve productivity and reduce costs
• Improve GPS tracking systems to lead, track and maintain asset health